Tuesday, March 25, 2008  

[Insane ramblings...]

We have this little toaster oven in our kitchen, right above the microwave. We don't use it much.


I noticed something weird about it today. Specifically, the instructions on the time dial.


It says, "For less than 5, turn past 6 and set to exact time."

I don't get it. If we needed it to be on for less than 5 minutes, why not just set it at the notches less than 5? Why turn past 6? And if we the dial past 6, how can we set it to the "exact time" when we need it to be 5 minutes or less?

Who the hell made this toaster oven? More importantly, what were they smoking?




My printer died last night. Long story short, something snapped inside. I tried fiddling around with it but couldn't remove the imaging unit because whatever it was that snapped was caught between the imaging unit and the rest of the printer. It's a laser printer, so there's a certain number of pages it can print before the imaging unit would pack up and call it a day. It's rated at 20,000 pages for black and 12,500 pages for colour. The printer stats show 10,977 pages. Eeks....I hope they give me a new imaging unit.

Anyway, I called them up to arrange for servicing. These days, having a warranty alone is not enough. They want to see your receipt. Problem was, I didn't have one. I bought the printer from someone who got it for free. The guy on the phone said that the warranty card was good enough, but "try to" find the receipt.

While I understand why companies want to look at the receipt together with the warranty card (actually in some cases, the warranty card is useless or there is no warranty card to begin with, just the receipt will do), sometimes it's really not necessary. The reason is simple...The warranty is for a period of three years and the printer hasn't even been on the market for that long.

Case in point: When I sent my display card for servicing two months ago, they didn't ask to see my receipt at all. The card has been on the market for less than a year, hence they just worked and it without checking to see if the warranty was still valid.

^^^ by Locksley @ 2:55 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

i think the spring mechanism in the dial is not accurate if you just turn a little bit. i've read this on other products before. you're supposed to turn pass 6, then turn back to where you want it to be..
I had no idea...
[<---Back to Main]
RSS