Wednesday, March 12, 2008  

[How Mas Selamat escaped...]

I went for a job interview at a government agency today, which shall remain nameless. The office was located in a government building and as far as I could tell, all the other tenants were government agencies as well.

I was told to bring along my IC to exchange for a visitor's pass. My interview was at 5:10pm and I got there at 5:05pm. It was raining and I was pretty wet (and I had an umbrella). All I cared about at that point was getting to the place where the interview was held.

The lifts didn't help...They were confusing as hell. Of the six lifts, only one stopped at the level I needed to go to, and the best part was it didn't stop at level one. I was at level one.

So after figuring out the puzzle of the lifts, I reached the interview venue. That's when I saw the other guy who's also there for an interview and I realised I forgot to get a visitor's pass.

Screw it. I was right on time and didn't have time to backtrack. There were security guards around at the level one lift landing and they didn't say anything. Balls to them.

After my interview, I took the lift down to the second floor, then walked down the stairs to the first floor, and went on my merry way.

I passed by a total of 4 to 6 security guards (I'm not sure how many, but there were plenty). None of them stopped me because I wasn't wearing a visitor's pass. No one in the government agency said anything about a pass neither when they saw I wasn't wearing one.

And people wonder how Mas Selamat escaped. I'll tell you how...Humans are the weakest link. You can have the best security system in the world, but if the people in the system do not follow the procedures nor enforce the rules, even the best security system in the world would be useless.

^^^ by Locksley @ 8:51 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Sounds like D**A
Nope, it's not. Although yeah, that place seems to be the default go-to place for ppl from SoC... :D
[<---Back to Main]
RSS