Monday, February 11, 2008  

[A man with a plan...]

I used to be kinda panicky because I thought I would have found a job by now. I still haven't found a job, but I'm a lot less panicky. I have a plan, and I'm going to stick with it.

Also, I learnt a bit more about the recruitment process of larger companies from a cousin during one of the CNY visits. My advice to those still studying: Look for a job early. These things may take longer than you think.




The TV has been giving us problems for the past few days. As far as I know, the first time it happened was during the CNY countdown when my Mum was watching the TV. I don't want to go into the details of the problem (because it's boring). Last night, it happened again and my Dad and I got down to business and we isolated the problem to the cable box. Calling Starhub's tech support was not really helpful...I think their tech support is designed for people who know absolutely nothing about technology. I missed the beginning and the end of the Manchester derby.

Rather than asking for a guy to come down to replace the cable box, I went online and looked into "upgrading" to the digital cable box. We must be one of the last few people in Singapore still using the analog cable box. As it turns out, it would cost us only an additional $2 a month, and we get an additional 8 channels without changing or paying more for our subscription plans. Truth be told, the 8 channels are mostly crap, but it's still 8 more channels.

We went to get the box exchanged and I spent the afternoon putting everything back together. I don't know why we didn't do this earlier...It's just $2 more and the new features (like the programme guide) are really useful. The images are clearer as well, not because it's digital (from the box to the TV is still analog) but because we could choose to use the (old) RF connection or the RCA connection. The RCA connection was much clearer and we decided to use that instead. However, this meant that we had to use the video-in at the front of the TV which I thought looked like shit. But my Dad didn't mind, so what the hell.

^^^ by Locksley @ 11:14 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS