Monday, October 29, 2007  

[Speaker scams...]

Heard of the speaker scam? It's been going around for a while. Basically, two guys driving a van would stop and talk to you in a car-park. One of them would tell you that they were supposed to pick up X units of hi-fi systems, but the warehouse gave them two extra sets. It's supposed to be worth $1,000+, but he doesn't want to bring them back to the warehouse and is willing to let you have it for $300. You can sell it for a high price and make a profit.

But the truth is, the speakers they're selling is crap. Definitely not worth $1,000+, nor the amount you paid for them.

One of my friends got scammed recently. I don't really feel sorry for him. It's his fault for being greedy as well as for not keeping up with the news.

Today, on my way to school, I walked across the car-park at my house. Two guys in a van stopped and I thought they were going to ask for directions. Instead, the driver asked if I wanted to buy a hi-fi set.

Safe to say, I wasn't fooled.

^^^ by Locksley @ 8:37 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

happened to me for the 3rd time last friday. Twice they said wanna give me for free.. any idea how tht works???
Free? I don't know about that. Maybe they have some new tricks up their sleeves.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS