Wednesday, October 24, 2007  

[I did not fail...]

Had a rather amusing conversation with a stranger today.

First, a little background information. My sister and I both had driving lessons today. We start our lessons at the Esso station next to BBDC. We take lessons from this guy who has a fleet of cars and hires people to teach using them. So although it's private, we get different instructors each time. Of course, we also get the same ones often, seeing how it's just a small group of them (compared to BBDC).

So anyway, I went up to one of the cars that I knew belonged to the guy we're taking lessons from. He clipped lists of students on the windscreen, and the people who work for him will take the one meant for them so they would know who they're teaching that day.

There was this auntie there just hanging around. After I looked through the student lists, she went and did the same thing. So yeah, at this point, it's safe to assume she's also probably one of the students.

My sister's instructor came first and off she went. So it was just me and this auntie...

Auntie: (gesturing towards one of the instructors) Is he good?
Me: (huh? who's this woman and why is she talking to me?) Erm....Not bad lah. (I really thought he was good, I've had him in the car before.)
Auntie: The instructors here all very good...
Me: Not really. Just now that one not very good. (the one my sister got assigned to for this lesson)
Auntie: No, they are good. Better than the ones I had. You know, this is going to be my third test...
Me: Uh-huh... (geez...I hope you get your license before your children do)
Auntie: The ones I had previously, not good one! When I make a mistake, they will hit my hand you know! Make me so nervous...
Me: (okay, I admit, hitting your driving students, especially a middle-aged woman, is NOT cool) Wah, really ah?
Auntie: You know my past two tests, I didn't fail you know...I just got too many points... (at this point, I started to think she may be nuts)
Me: Is it...
Auntie: Yah! I got 50+ points for my first test and 30+ for my second test. (yah right, you didn't fail.)
Me: (at this point, I'm pretty sure she's not all there) ...
Auntie: You know what's the most important thing when taking the test? Don't be nervous!
Me: (oh really?) Uh-huh...
Auntie: And don't eat fried food! (looks at me with big, wide eyes)
Me: Why leh?
Auntie: Because eating fried food will make you nervous. I had veggie, fruits and fish for two days before my second test and I wasn't nervous at all.
Me: (convinced at this point that she was nuts) Erm...Okay?
(Her instructor arrived at this point)

Of course, I don't remember the exacting words or phrases we used, but this was pretty much the gist of it all.

Isn't it nice talking to strangers?

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:26 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

hahahah siao auntie
i think this woman is mad. is it the same aunty as the one in woodlands?? haha.

anyways, some instructors are crazy. Ive got a friend whose instructors violently hit his hand and thigh.. when he made mistakes. The instructor also forced him to wear gloves cos of his sweaty palms
[<---Back to Main]
RSS