Thursday, September 13, 2007  

[Tremors...]

Last night during my Cybercrime lecture, I received an SMS from my sister regarding an earthquake in Indonesia and how she felt the tremors at home. She was the only one who felt it last night. My parents were home, but my Mum didn't feel anything and my Dad only thought it was weird that the water in our fish-tanks was "slooshing" around in a strange manner.

This morning, it happened again. And I slept through it.

I was woken up by my Dad bursting into my room. I can't remember what he said. When I went outside, I saw what my sister tried to describe to me last night. The water in our fish-tanks was moving in a way that wasn't normal. Once again, my Mum did not feel anything but my Dad did this time because he was seated.

How exciting. We've lived in Bukit Panjang for 20 years and this was the first time we felt tremors. I didn't feel anything, but the sight of the water movement in the fish-tanks was a sight to behold...

^^^ by Locksley @ 8:29 PM. 7 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

happened to me twice yesterday while at work..
haha.. why the comment signed as me. its urr.. me by the way.. should have signed into the google thing.
It's a valid Blogger profile leh, with a food-type blog. Do you share your computer with anyone else?
ya la.. its me. I entered my blog username.. I didnt know will display as me.. cos thts my display name there.

the blog is new.. started cos my friends kept syaing i should.. haha.
Heh, I was home too and didn't feel anything on that night. But the following morning in office was bad, 3 or 4 times the tremors came and lasted for more than 1 min each. Drinks on the table were also swaying. :P
Man...This sucks. Everyone experienced the tremors but I didn't. I was in school for the first one and slept through the second one.
one of my friends said his whole office felt except him. I think some ppl are more sensitive to things like that..
[<---Back to Main]
RSS