Saturday, September 15, 2007  

[This can't be safe...]

I was waiting for a bus today when I saw a guy removing the National Day banners from the lamp posts on the road divider.


He unclipped the bottom of the banner first. At that time, I thought what he's doing was dangerous without having someone to hold the ladder steady for him, especially since the ladder was on uneven ground. You can't really see it unless you look closely, but only one of the ladder's legs was on the ground. The other one wasn't due to the uneven ground. Then I realised it wasn't too bad, because he was hugging the lamp post quite tightly so it was unlikely that the ladder would slip or anything. I did wonder what would happen if lightning struck the lamp post, though.

But when he went up to unclip the top of the banner, that's when I took the picture because I thought what he's doing now was insanely dangerous. Even if he "hugs" the lamp post now, he could still lose his balance as the ladder was no longer in between him and the lamp post. My bus arrived at this point and I didn't see him make it down the ladder.

I also noticed that the lamp post was shaking a lot while he's doing what he's doing. It's a wonder they haven't collapsed during a thunderstorm or something.

^^^ by Locksley @ 12:01 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS