Tuesday, August 28, 2007  

[Thank you, Solskjaer...]


Ole Gunnar Solskjaer announced his retirement from football today. Or yesterday, depending on which time-zone you're in.

In some ways, it's been a long time coming. He's 34 now and has been struggling with a knee injury for the better part of the past four years. It's a little sad, that he had to end his career due to injury instead of going out on a high after cementing his place in United folklore after the goal he scored in the 1999 Champions League Final.


For the record, United were down 1-0 from the 5th minute. Sheringham and Solskjaer scored two goals in second-half stoppage time to snatch the title from Bayern. Some people said that Liverpool's comeback against Milan was the greatest comeback in a Champions League Final, but I disagree (although what Liverpool did was pretty amazing). Nothing beats coming back from the brink of death, with the final attack/shots of a game to win it all.

Solskjaer, scoring the goal:



Celebrations:






Thank you, Solskjaer.




Bought a CO2 reactor for my aquarium today. After finishing dinner at 8pm+, I installed it in my aquarium. It took me a while because it was meant to be used with a canister filter but I was using an overhead filter so I had to improvise. The thing is, if used with a canister filter, water would be pushed through the reactor but because I was using an overhead filter, water entered the reactor with the aid of gravity and that was it.

It wasn't fast enough and water started accumulating in the overhead box. I had to shut it down and "reset" everything, putting back the ceramic diffuser I used before, etc.




Bought a test kit to test the amount of dissolved CO2 in my aquarium. There were two bottles in the package and only when I reached home did I realise that one of them was empty, and I needed both to run the test. I went to two LFS in Clementi today and both of them were selling the same CO2 test kits and the test kits at both places were very old. It was obvious that stocks haven't been moving for a while.




I bought a CO2 cylinder on Friday for my aquarium (wow, 3 sub-entries about my aquarium already). I bought a manual regulator and so far, it's driving me crazy. I'd adjust it to the BPS I wanted but over time, it would slow down. I wonder if this was normal.




I took a photo of a tissue box on a table in the Business canteen today. I was going to joke that someone had raised the bar when it came to reserving seats. After dealing with my aquarium for about 90 minutes, I sat down and transferred the photo to my computer but deleted it by accident after that.




Today's not my day. The great CO2 reactor experiment went wrong; bought a crap set of CO2 test kit; CO2 cylinder's regulator isn't regular at all; deleted a photo by accident, and one of my favourite Manchester United players retired.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:28 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS