Tuesday, July 31, 2007  

[Dude...Where's...my...ZZzzzzZZzzzzz...]

I've been learning driving for a while now. I didn't have a fixed instructor. Instead, I had a group of them. The good thing about such an arrangement was that you're exposed to more than one style of teaching. The bad thing is, you're exposed to more than one style of teaching.

I don't have any problems with most of things I'm required to do on the road, except for starting the car immediately after stopping. Long story, I won't go into it (basically, too little gas and releasing the clutch too quickly). I blame the first guy who taught me. What he "taught" me during my first lesson really screwed me up. Anyway, I figured out a new way and today my engine didn't stall once. Yay me. But that's not what I want to talk about. Something happened today which I've never contemplated and wasn't ready for.

My instructor fell asleep.

The guy today was normally a very chatty fellow, so 5 minutes into the lesson I realised something was up as he was very quiet. Turns out, he was dozing off. I tried clearing my throat, turning corners very sharply, going over humps at a fast speed as well as running over the speed strips quickly. None of that woke him up.

He did, however, wake up a few times near a junction and asked me to turn either left or right. By then, I was too close to the junction to make a turn, so I just carried on straight.

That was an interesting 90 minutes.


I saw this sign on my way back. Here's why I think it shouldn't be taken seriously:
  1. Working from home is a mainstream career in the 21st century? If you're talking about being a maid or a nanny, maybe.
  2. What the hell is "call in time"? That's just bad English.
  3. Why call? If you're organising some sort of e-commerce venture, shouldn't you have an email address?
  4. Why do you have office hours if you're working from home?
I don't know about you, but it looks like a scam to me. Like those websites that promise to tell you the secret of making money online, but first, you need to pay for some "learning materials" or something. Yup, that's a way of making money online...Scamming people looking to make money online.

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:27 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Your instructor fell asleep can be interpret as he's comfortable when u're driving. Meaning ur skills are good! The way you control ur car is very steady.

Stability of the car can be greatly affected if a driver accelerates poorly, breaks poorly or change gear when the speed is not within the designated speed range.

On the other hand, if you notice the passenger beside u is very tense, alert or grabbing hold the door handle(the thing at the top where ppl use to hang cloths), 50% are that they felt uncomfortable or at risk on way you drive....
That's what my sister said too...It was a smooth ride and he got too comfortable.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS