Wednesday, June 06, 2007  

[A model of inefficiency...]

I took my basic theory test today. I'm one of the last few people in my circle of friends to learn driving. I never had any motivation to do so, seeing how there isn't a car in my family, and I didn't have any spare cash lying around for lessons.

But that's not what I want to talk about. I want to talk about my experience today at BBDC. You know those jokes/bits they do about the DMV on TV and in the movies? I think some of them can be applied to BBDC as well.

For starters, this guy came to brief us on how to use the touch-screen to take the test. He's probably in his 40s or 50s (50s more likely), and for some reason, maybe he needs new glasses or something...But he kept talking to us like we were primary school kids. We know what a "touch-screen" is, you old relic. We know how to operate it. We know what "End Test" means as well. He's an embarrassment to our country as far as I'm concerned, seeing how there were a lot of expats there today (license conversion). His English absolutely sucked.

After the test, I went to queue for my PDL. I was lucky, being one of the first few to complete my BTT, I was way ahead in the queue. It was a long queue, and they only had one counter opened. The expat couple ahead of me were talking among themselves, and the guy also pointed this out.

After I've gotten my PDL, I went to book my FTT. The system wouldn't let me, saying that I have yet to pass my BTT and haven't secured my PDL. As it turns out, the Traffic Police and BBDC's systems were not linked. I had to wait for 30 minutes to ask the lady at the counter to update my account status, which took all of 10 seconds.

Well, at least it was a hot lady.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:34 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS