Monday, June 11, 2007  

[Let's get naked!]

Guess what I came across on AsiaOne's website? For some reason, I thought of the naked mile from American Pie 5.

This reminds me of the time I saw exposed breasts on TV. It was a long time ago, during the news. They were doing a story about breast cancer and they aired footage of a doctor examining a woman, without censoring anything. The newscaster did say the following footage may be "disturbing" () for some.

This other time, I was watching MTV and an episode of the Newlyweds was ending. They were showing a teaser for the next episode and it was of Nick saying "fuck" over and over at Jessica. They forgot to censor that part, and it was one and only time I ever heard "fuck" on TV.




Had my second driving lesson today. It wasn't too bad. It was a different instructor and I wasn't expecting to be driving on the roads so quickly. This new guy was way better than the first one.

I used to think that there was some magical way for cars to stay in their lane and for them to navigate turns. It seems so easy and natural when you see others drive. Turns out, it's not that easy.




I read a moody blog post today. I don't know her personally. A friend of a friend.

Which got me thinking about some things. Personally, I'm the sort of person who have goals in life and would like to achieve them by a certain time. Five years ago, when I thought about what I wanted by the time I was 25, I set some realistic (I think) goals for myself. Sadly, I haven't accomplished most of them.

I used to be rather depressed because of this. You know how some people say that if they had their life to live all over again, they wouldn't change a thing? Well, I would. I wouldn't say that I have regrets (what's the use of having regrets?), but if I had it to do all over again, I sure as hell would do some things differently.

And then I see the people around me. Some of them have it all, but they have no idea how lucky they are. Some of them have it all, but they sure as hell don't deserve it.

Then I turn my head to the other side. Some of them are worse off than I was. I guess I should feel...comforted by that? Nah...I wasn't going to take pleasure in the pain of others. Maybe I have it hard....For now. Other people have it even harder.

And maybe forever.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:04 PM. 5 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

practice makes perfect. it can get pretty intuitive after a while. usually a turn is about one to one and a half turn of the wheel.

rule of thumb: not turning enough - turn more, turning too much - turn less

LOLOLOL!!!!
wait till you've passed and drive alone!
My first few weeks were nerve wrecking. I didn't do anything wrong.. but every journey had me in cold sweat.
Geez, that bad? I probably won't get to drive for a while after getting my license. Most car rental places won't rent their cars to new drivers. And it's probably cheaper just to take the cab...
my first drive after i got my license was orchard at night. woo hoo
i actually rented a car 2 days after I passed. Was like shit.. if I turned on the aircon, smoke would come out from the front!!! Not to mention the shift stick would drop back to neutral while I drove!!!!

Can can find car for rental on yahoo auction.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS