Sunday, June 03, 2007  

[Car alarms...]

Last night, a car alarm was going off for mostly the entire night. It wasn't directly below my block or anywhere near, so it wasn't that loud and probably did not disrupt anybody's sleep (in my block, that is). But it was disruptive enough for me to look out my window and mutter a few expletives.

To which I thought...The owner probably did not know that his car's alarm was triggered. He either could not recognise the alarm, or he thought that it was another car with the same alarm.

If you hear an alarm and thought to yourself, "that's the same alarm, but probably another car," then what's the point of installing a car alarm in the first place?

I'm sure everyone living in HDB flats have encountered this at one point or another. I have the solution for this. Let car owners record their own "alarms", much like mobile phone ring-tones. I remember when pagers first became popular. They all sound alike, and when one went off, everyone with one would check their pagers, usually clipped on their belt or something. Now we have mobile phones with customisable ring-tones, and this problem went away.

It's high time we did the same for car alarms.

^^^ by Locksley @ 11:07 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS