Monday, April 30, 2007  

[Random thoughts...]

I don't believe I've mentioned that I'm in the middle of my exams. Three down, one to go. This is my fifth semester in NUS and it is the first semester whereby I don't seem to care very much about my exams. Maybe I was burnt out from the wake before the study week, or maybe I'm less anxious because my papers were spaced rather far apart this time round, or maybe because I'm taking only four modules this semester (instead of my usual five). I don't know. Probably a combination of all the factors above.




Today's paper sucked. Of all the exams I've ever sat for in NUS, this has got to be the one whereby I'm the least confident. There isn't a single question where, after writing down my answers, I knew for a fact that I was right.

I don't think I've ever mentioned this before, but the module was also offered to Masters students, one of whom had the largest breasts I've ever seen on an Asian. When other female students are joking/pointing/telling lewd jokes about her with their male friends, you know that that's really huge. One female student today said she wanted to take a photo with her.

I was thinking of a tasteful way to tell the story above. Don't think I did it very well. I guess there's really no tasteful way of saying "hey, you've got big breasts."




This time last year, I talked about losing some friends who were graduating. I'm set to lose more this semester. Practically all the final-year students I know are graduating after this semester. Some of whom I'd miss, some of whom I won't. As of now, three of them sticks out in my mind. Two I'd miss, one I'd piss on.

It is during this time when people start asking around to see if others have found or secured a job after graduation yet. I had a talk with a very distant relative during my grandmother's wake whom I don't remember seeing before (and in all likelihood, will never see again), he's in his 50s, graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic. He had a good job in the past, but lost it when he got retrenched and is currently a taxi driver.

What surprised me about him was that his views were very up-to-date. He said young people nowadays are only interested in making the largest amount of money in the shortest amount of time. He also said that money that came easily would go away easily as well. Basically, risk goes both ways.

I could not agree more.

I have friends (read: acquaintances) who ended up working for banks or financial institutions in fields totally unrelated to their work. All because of the promise of easy money. For the rest of them, they were aiming really high, talking about landing jobs in this company or that - all big name companies, usually MNCs.

Sometimes I wonder if they know what it takes to work in those places. The amount of stress they'd be under, how they would be under pressure to deliver/perform. Maybe they're all ready and up for it. Or maybe, it would come as a rude awakening...

Me? I want a good work-life balance. What's all the money in the world if you have no time, worse still, no one to spend it with? When you die, your company will hire someone new, but your family will miss you forever. I just want a job with a decent pay, career advancement be damned.

Am I'm realistic, or am I aiming too low?




Had a rather disturbing dream last night. Had an even more disturbing one this afternoon during my nap, which was a continuation of the one last night. Hope there isn't a part three tonight.

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:32 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

you didn't put your spy camera skills to work on Ms Big Breasts? tsk.. NPNT

Don't worry, you'd be stuck with me til you graduate. LOL!
hey. dont forget to count me in for the gay party
[<---Back to Main]
RSS