Sunday, April 15, 2007  

[Man of Science, man of Faith...]

Which one are you? Science or Faith?

A man of Science would think that it's all a waste of time. Nothing of that sort happens anyway. Even if they did, there was probably a scientific way of explaining it.

For a man of Faith, every small detail mattered. And because they believed, they saw it. Experienced it. They don't look to Science for an explanation. They just believe.

Me, I'm a man of Science. Although sometimes, I wonder. Are we so conceited as to think that Science can explain everything?

No mystery is closed to an open mind.




When I was in secondary school, I bought The New Paper religiously. The articles were "interesting". Or at least at that age, I thought it was. Then one day, I suddenly realised what a crapper TNP was. Lousy grammar, spelling mistakes, and they were really reporting tabloids rather than news.

During the wake, I was so bored I decided to pick up a copy of TNP that was lying around. I turned to the Sports section, and what I read really shocked me.

Their "match reports" were copied wholesale from Soccernet.com!

All they did was add a sentence or two here and there, and they called it their own. I can't remember if they gave credit. Don't think they did.

I wonder if they had permission. If not, ESPN could sue their asses off.




The lines of division were...shocking.

I wonder what it's going to be like for the next generation. My generation, specifically.

To each his own.




One week ago, they visited her and all was well. One week later, they put her into the ground.

Life is short. Life can end tomorrow. Play hard. Live it to the fullest. Treasure your family. These words took on a whole new meaning for me the last couple of days.




If things seemed neither-here-nor-there, I guess it reflected my state of mind. I'm dealing with what's happened in the past 7 days, catching up on what happened in my "normal world" and making a list of things I need to do, as well as dealing with the fact that exams are coming and I'm haven't revised a word.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:31 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

the best thing to do is.. read soccernet then buy the newpaper.. super sense of deja vu.

I always had this impression that the newpaper office is made up of guys who parade around in their football jerseys.. and guess what? They really do!! Saw a bunch of them at a friend's wedding (he does layout).. all of them were in jerseys. Anyway, most of them 'cannot make it'. I doubt it's anyone's ambition to write for TNP while in journalism school.

their other sections are half baked and sometimes, the stories are incomplete.. ends abruptly without a fullstop. Their editor does shit.

Not to mention, the paper even advocates cheating! LAst week there was an article teaching guys how to avoid being caught.. WTF?
Oh man, it's good to reflect and change thinkings at times, but I feel you are in a state of confusion now with all your ramblings.

Deal with your assignments and exams first, the rest can be sorted out slowly. :) I've been through these stages recently too, admist my bz work but it's all sorted. You can do it too man!
[<---Back to Main]
RSS