Monday, April 16, 2007  

[Do you believe?]

Spooky stories abound every funeral or wake. My grandmother's was no different.




My grandmother passed away one week ago today. Her mother, my great-grandmother, is still alive. Her mind isn't all there anymore. Not surprising, as she was approaching 100. She lives down the street from my grandmother.

Last Monday, my great-grandmother asked her children to open the door, because her daughter (my grandmother) was there. At the time, they haven't been told that she has passed away. They figured it was the dementia talking.

Or was it?




When we visited my grandmother this Chinese New Year, she revealed that she saw a dark shadow darting about the apartment. She lives with her son, and they moved in earlier this year. My Dad told her not to worry about it, and that it was probably nothing. Just a trick of light or reflection or something.

After my grandmother passed away, neighbours told my uncle that she was the fourth person to pass away in that apartment. And as it turned out, the quickest to go too (only 3-4 months). My uncles engaged a medium to take a look at the apartment.

I wasn't there, but apparently, the medium's faced changed the moment he entered the apartment. One of my uncles who was there said he looked like an angry lion with his tongue sticking out and face going all psycho.

He told them there was someone else there.

He gave them his name and told them he was a wandering spirit and came in to seek shelter one day. And then he stayed on.

Of course, they then wondered if my grandmother's death had anything to do with this spirit. They went down and the medium "talked" to my grandmother. She said no, her time was up, and that was it. She said she was happy to have had a good life, and that all was fine. She could see the dark shadow (that wandering spirit) and was afraid, but other than that, all was well.

They're going to do something about that wandering spirit after the wake has been concluded. My uncle worships several Taoist deities in his apartment and they were now wondering if he did it right, if they were "in" at all. He may have to "invite" them in again or something.




So, do you believe?

I don't know what to believe.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:56 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS