Saturday, April 21, 2007  

[Changing times...]

I remember when I first moved to Bukit Panjang. It was 20 years ago. I was 5 then. I still remember what it was like. It was a new estate, and the "new stuff smell" was everywhere. It was a safe neighbourhood. I thought it was because the flats here were mostly 4 or 5-room flats, hence you get a certain level of "quality" when it came to neighbours.

Fast forward 20 years. Times have changed. Luvgreen lives across the road from me, and while I don't know how it was like for her in the past, things have certainly been exciting for her for the past few years. Excitement she could do without, I'm sure she'd agree.

My side of the road has changed too. Ever so often, I hear the sound of things being knocked over and people laughing at night in the car-park below my block. Just a few minutes ago, some idiots thought it'd be fun to steal the rubbish collector's little electric lorry. The guy in charge of it came out and chased them off, and they went and sat down at the void deck.


They were swearing. It was easy to hear because it was quiet. It was, after all, midnight.


Don't they have anything else better to do? I wonder where they'd be in 10 years' time. Prison, dead, or both?


People who can't control their children shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

^^^ by Locksley @ 12:45 AM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Hoho, things changed... I guess a lot changed since few years back esp with more foreigners (Blangladesh and Chinese) renting the rooms and flats here. Now it's even more complicated with workers napping here and there anytime of the day with all the constructions going on.

Yup, can easily do without this kind of excitment... :( But still, I like Bt Panjang, convenient to go anywhere...
wa, nothing better to bo ar they all...
[<---Back to Main]
RSS