Thursday, April 19, 2007  

[Blockages...]

This is Reading Week, the week just before the exams start in NUS. I haven't done much revision so far, mainly because I'm still battling a virus. My fever's long gone, but my nose's still semi-blocked and there's a lot of mucus. The whole "blocked head" feeling makes me feel very sleepy...

I'm not all that worried, though. I have only four papers this semester, and three of them are spaced pretty far apart. To top it off, all of them are open-book exams. I've even gone and booked IPT during this period.

I've been meaning to mention an incident that happened during the wake last week that embarrassed me to no end. It kept slipping my mind...

Without going into the specifics, I was seated on the ground. Everyone's looking for space to park themselves, and I noticed that my cousin couldn't seem to find enough space. I moved over a little, then used my hand and whacked him on his ass (he was standing, I was seated on the floor) to get his attention.

At this point, I must mention that due to the lack of sleep the whole week, I was pretty stoned at that point. Some people (like my 59-year old Dad) could get by with 4 hours of sleep everyday, but if I don't get my 7 to 8 hours, I fall apart pretty quickly. So yeah, I was stoned.

Back to my story. My cousin turned around, and I was instantly jolted awake. No, it's not some scary monster or anything. It was my cousin...

But it was one of my FEMALE cousins.

I think my brain short-circuited for about a second when I saw her shocked face. I apologised, telling her I thought she was someone else. Good thing that was the penultimate day because it was pretty awkward after that.

Moral of the story: Look before you whack someone's ass. Don't whack anyone on their ass.

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:15 PM. 6 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

hey !! hope u recover in due time!! else will affect exams de.. cuz no mood to study and all... :) anyways, what's wrong with whacking cousin's ass? ok ma.. hmm.. i guess it jus depends on how close your rs is between u and ur female cousins that's all... ^^
We're not at all close. I see them at most (usually) once a year. The one I smacked, I can't even remember when I last saw her.
Wah lau... You lucky she never sue you for molest lor =P
You shd ask around, see if she mentioned it to others...whether it feels good...lol
Estan: 1) That's sick. 2) No one feels good at a wake.
Yeah, it is...lol. I dont think ur cousin'll forget it so soon. What I meant was to ask around after the wake but its unlikely as u mentioned u seldom talk to them...which is what the whole comment was abt...lol
[<---Back to Main]
RSS