Monday, February 26, 2007  

[Random rantings...]

The Amazing Race was broadcasted earlier today at 1pm. I was in school at the time, so I set up the VCR to record it. As it turns out, the Oscars over-ran its allocated time and AR was shown late. So the VCR didn't manage to tape the whole thing. Looks like I'll be catching the repeat later at 8:30pm. I prefer watching it on tape...Cause I could fast-forward all the commercials and save myself 20 minutes.




I'm really disappointed with Singnet. You'd think that the national telco/ISP wouldn't suck. For some reason, they can't seem to configure their proxies properly.

These days, most ISPs no longer require their customers to manually enter the proxy server in their browser. It's all "invisible" and "transparent". Well done. One problem though. This is how askmen.com is supposed to look like (I manually entered the proxy server for this one):


And this is how it looks without proxy (using the transparent proxy):


Same thing happens to Soccernet. Without the manually-inserted proxy, pages don't load correctly. I think they couldn't download a CSS or JS file. Images on eBay could be missing as well. With manual proxy, things work/load fine, except sometimes it's slower than 56K. I expected better from Singnet.




Received an email today from the faculty. They are conducting a poll. Now that HYP is no longer compulsory, they want to know how many students intend to pursue it, so the lecturers know how many projects to propose.

The change in rule, however, does not apply to me. Missed it by one batch. 6-months, to be precise. Damn it. If I saw this coming, I wouldn't have matriculated earlier. I wouldn't mind extending my graduation by one semester (which is what would happen if I dropped HYP now and did three level-4 modules instead) if it meant that I didn't have to do HYP. Screwed by the system, hooray!




Saw this old man on the bus. For some reason, older Chinese men love to sit at those type of seats, remove their slippers and put their feet up. That's freaking disgusting. I'm reminded of what Keith said about such people, "they think that they can do anything they want just because they are using a purple EZ-link card".


And to make matters worse, he started digging his nose. Wonder where the droppings (?) ended up...






At the bus-stop on my way home. It was raining. Not sure if you can tell from the picture, though.


Incidentally, Billie Myers' Kiss The Rain came up on my MP3 player at the same time. What're the odds?

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:45 PM. 4 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

hv u seen the video of the woman digging her nose on the mrt??
Nope. Gross!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4c-KBRWqtuA <-- the purple card holders will do anything for a seat
Champion.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS