Wednesday, February 21, 2007  

[Printer woes...]

My printer hasn't been printing well for a while now. Something is wrong with the blue nozzle. It's difficult to explain what the problem is...Let's just say it's not working the way it should. This is my third print-head, all of them had problems with the blue nozzle, so I'm inclined to think that the problem lies somewhere else, not in the print-head itself. This sucked...Because I'm otherwise very happy with the work-rate of my iP3000.

When I buy an ink-jet, the most important criteria for me is not so much the price but whether can I easily refill the ink using third-party tools. The iP3000 allowed me to refill inks using SEPOMS very easily, leading to a very low running cost. This is important, especially since my sister and I print most if not all of our notes at home.

But because of the problem with the blue nozzle, I've been looking around for a new printer. This is really not the right time to get a new one...Because I still have a few bottles of SEPOMS ink lying around. 125ml bottles, to be precise. Before my sister entered NUS, the 125ml bottle of black ink lasted me a whole year. Colours lasted even longer.

I've been looking at a few models of laser printers. I refuse to buy one which can only print black. That would be such a step down. But those that could print colour are either too expensive or lacking in features. One of Canon's Lasershot colour models is selling at $599, a reasonable price. But it didn't have settings for duplex printing, not even manual duplex. WTF...? And I wonder how much the consumables cost.

I'm now looking at the iP4200. The recommended retail price at $179, is very affordable. It seems to be the next one in the product line after iP3000. It looks good, using individual ink tanks (always easier to refill). But SEPOMS do not have refills for it. Orink does, but only the ink tanks. They don't seem to have a refill kit for it neither.

I should have gotten another iP3000 when I had the chance.

Anyhow, as I was exploring Orink's website, I noticed something odd. They had this flash animation playing on top of their site. For a moment, I thought I saw the word "outstanging". I thought I saw it wrong, so I waited for it to appear again.


I was right. It says "outstanging".


It's really supposed to be "outstanding". Really doesn't instill a lot of confidence in your potential customers if you cannot even spell a simple word correctly. Worse still, no one in Orink managed to catch the error in the flash animation? Tsk tsk...

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:53 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS