Monday, February 05, 2007  

[Missing the goals...]

Last night was an unusual night. I watched two football matches. I normally don't have time to watch the full games of any team other than Man United. But last night, it's different. It was Thailand against Singapore for the second leg of the finals of the Asean Cup. Isn't it weird to have the finals of a tournament split over two legs?

Anyway, I missed Singapore's equaliser. I was walking into the kitchen when Amri scored. I managed to catch the goal on replay immediately after, and I thought it was a deflected goal. They made it sound like the goal of the century.

Yes, I'm glad Singapore won. Singaporean by birth, after all. But I don't think they deserved to. Their passing was sloppy and most of the time, the Thais were the ones attacking. Their passing were so bad, I thought they were playing with the mindset of I'm-gonna-hit-it-there-please-let-a-teammate-be-there. The Thais, with more accurate passing and through balls, managed to cut open the Singapore defense time and time again. The Singapore team also got away with a ton of school-boy mistakes.

Fast forward to the Spurs-United match. I saw the first goal, a penalty by Ronaldo. Then I promptly missed all the next three goals because I was switching between the game and the "World's Most Amazing Videos" on AXN. (That was when I found out that Amazing Race is returning in Feb! Whoo hoo!)

I saw Vidic's and Giggs' goal during the replay, but I had no idea who scored the third one until after the game. This means I missed a total of 4 goals last night.

The talking point of the United match would be what happened to van der Saar at the end. I've followed United since the 98-99 season, and this was the first time I saw them using an outfield player to replace the goalkeeper after they've used up all the substitutions.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:57 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS