Thursday, January 11, 2007  

[Worst day ever...]

Today was a bad day, in more ways than one. I haven't had a day this bad for a long time. The last thing I want to do right now is type...But if I don't get this out, I'm going to explode.

Woke up at 9:30am with the sniffles. I hoped it would go away, but it didn't. I think it was due to dust. Anyway, Thursday is mopping day, so I helped my Dad mop the entire house. I thought sweating a bit would help with the sniffles. Did not. Did I get a word of thanks? Did not.

Swallowed some pills at 12:30pm for my sniffles, which has developed into a slight case of runny nose. Made my way to school for lecture at 2pm, and swallowed more pills at around 2:30pm. At this point, I've exceeded the recommended dosage. I didn't care, I just wanted to get better. Around 3:30pm, got an SMS from Subby telling me that full-time students are now liable for RT. Fantastic. As if I didn't have enough things to juggle as it is.

Left the lecture early because my next lecture was on another side of campus. Left at about 3:40pm, but still got there late. Didn't miss much though. Since this was the first week of school, lectures ended early. It was supposed to end at 6pm, but was over at 5:20pm.

From this point onwards, nothing went right.

Went to the Co-op, bought a textbook I needed. Headed for home at 5:40pm. From my experience, the bus I usually take doesn't stop at NUS' bus-stop after 6pm because it would be totally packed. I thought I had a 20-minute leeway, so things should be alright.

I was wrong. Got to the bus-stop at 5:45pm and the bus came by without stopping at 5:58pm. The retarded operators would not increase the frequency of the service even though demand exceeds supply. So I figured I'd just take the next bus that comes along, alight at Clementi and walk to take another bus home. No such luck, as when the next bus came, it started pouring. Really pouring.

If it's a small rain, I wouldn't have cared...To heck with it, and just walked/jogged in the rain. It was really coming down, so I thought I should walk back into NUS to take 96 to Clementi instead. I reached the Science bus-stop to take an internal shuttle to another part of NUS (where 96 travels along), just in time to see the bus I usually take arrive at the bus-stop outside. It was half-empty.

Fuck. This was unexpected. I've once wasted an hour seeing three of those buses go by without stopping (20-minute interval during peak hours, excellent...), and today a half-empty one came along. Call it Fate, call is God, whatever the "higher power" you believe in, it was playing a joke on me. It took me a long walk to reach the Science bus-stop (due to the rain, had to take the sheltered route), so I decided to stick with the taking-96-to-Clementi plan.

The internal shuttle took its time to arrive, probably due to the rain. I finally boarded 96 at 6:20pm. One hour after my lecture ended. And to top it off, the bus was leaking. Due to a massive traffic jam, the trip to Clementi took 50 minutes (instead of the usual 20) and I was treated to a slow shower the entire time.

Reached Clementi at 7:10pm. I was feeling very drowsy and light-headed by now. I always get this way when I have a runny nose, with or without medicine. Anyway, the pills I took were supposed to be non-drowsy. I didn't want to take a bus (that's what I would usually do) and get stuck in another traffic jam, so I took the train.

Reached home at 8pm. The entire trip took about 2 and a half hours. My trip to school took only 40 minutes. This is the reason why I get so pissed when politicians and know-nothings claim our public transport is "world-class". World-class my ass....

To top it off, had a dispute with my parents when I got home. Bad news about RT liability, coupled with a less-than-100% body made me feel like shit. And the whole thing with the bus not stopping, getting a free shower on 96 made me very cranky. Actually I was more than cranky. I was ready to kill someone. Knowing that I was coming home to a cold, 3-hour-old dinner didn't help.

Plus the thing with my parents. Damned it. I have been thought of moving out in the past, and I'm thinking about it even more than ever now. I can't afford it...Otherwise, I'm gone. I can't take it anymore. I can't live like this. Constantly fighting, arguing and what-not. We can't change our parents, but if I could, I would. I really would. When I watched the first season of Desperate Housewives, I actually identified with Andrew (not the gay parts), and didn't feel sorry for Bree.

Life isn't hard. Living is.

^^^ by Locksley @ 8:52 PM. 3 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

You is needing some happy pills
hey there... hope u recover pretty soon yea.. the weather's quite crappy. and sch has jus started man! wanna c u bright and cheery and healthy! :) and btw ur bloodlines game rite, is for pc or what? damn cool leh. I wanna play too. ^^
Yup, it's for the PC. :)
[<---Back to Main]
RSS