Thursday, January 11, 2007  

[Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]

I completed the game today. I give it 7/10. It was enjoyable, but it could have been better. There was really no need for them to use Value's Source engine if you asked me. Not a whole lot of difference in visual quality...And when it was released 2-years ago, lots of systems could not run it properly. Which was why I only played it now.

Thank God for the walk-through I downloaded, because otherwise I would have abandoned the game halfway. There were simply too many things you'd never be able to find on your own, as well as some enemies you would never know how to kill without some hints. I also had to resort to cheat codes towards the end of the game, when I was stuck in this stupid level and couldn't find my way to the next one. I also had to "generate" more ammo because I ran out after defeating Xiao Ming...More on that later.

Some screens:

Feeding on a blood doll in The Asylum, in Santa Monica. I actually took a ton of screenshots of me feeding, but it loses its appeal(?) after a while. And yes, I was playing as a female vampire. The walk-through said that only female vampires could use the seduction feature. I think it's wrong, male vampires could too I think. Whatever...I didn't use seduction much anyway, mainly for getting blood dolls.


Watching an old man pee. I needed to talk to him for storyline development.


Check out his dialogue. Yes, he's Chinese.


And yes, they totally stereotyped him, what with all the bad English and all. I laughed so hard at his "seller of sister underwear" comment. Who the hell says stuff like that?

The leader of the Chinese vampires is called Xiao Ming. And it's a female vampire. And they can't decide to call her Ming Xiao or Xiao Ming. Ming Xiao sounds wrong (in Chinese), and Xiao Ming is a classic boy's name.


Anyway, she turned into this snake thingy when I fought her.


And then proceeded to spawn another copy of herself. It was so irritating...I wasted 2 clips of ammo on the clone when I turned around and got mixed up.


I chose to take the side of the Anarchs, and it ended with some pretty fireworks. Boom!

^^^ by Locksley @ 12:54 AM. 3 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

I don't recall needing to fight Ming Xiao.. weird.. then again I haven't complete.
You fight her only at the very end. It's the penultimate quest of the game.

Ironically, the "bosses" in the end are much easier to be killed than the ones in the beginning, if you have the right weapons.
penultimate has fast become your fav phrase isn't it?
[<---Back to Main]
RSS