Saturday, January 20, 2007  

[Surprise!]

I was alone at home this evening. My parents went out to catch some performance by some dance troop or something from China. My sister went to play volleyball with her friends. Being alone, I didn't feel like going out for dinner. So I decided to cook some noodles.

While cooking, the phone rang and it was my sister's friend. She asked me for the exact location of our flat and the car-park charges. I told her, and didn't think too much about it. I knew they were coming tomorrow (my sister's birthday was coming, and she planned a little get-together), so I figured she was just planning ahead.

I parked myself in front of my computer with my noodles and watched an old sitcom. Halfway through, I thought I heard the door-bell ring. I went into the living-room and looked through the peep-hole and saw two girls outside.

I opened the door, and there they were. Two of my sister's friends. One of whom was carrying a chocolate fondue machine.

Apparently, they decided to throw my sister a surprise party. They called and told our Dad about it. And my Dad...The genius that he was, did not tell me about it. He did tell me that my sister's friends "might be coming later". I told him no, they were coming tomorrow and he didn't say anything. So I figured he got it wrong and I just informed him. Turns out, that was his way of "telling" me.

So there they were, with party supplies standing outside, and there I was, on the other side of the door wearing an old shirt with holes, a bowl of noodles in my left hand, a pair of chop-sticks in my right hand and sauce all over my lips.

Anyway, to cut the story short, they came, they decorated, and they surprised. Actually no, my sister wasn't surprised. Due to some miscommunication between themselves, she already knew about it.

So as it turns out, the only person who was truly surprised by the whole episode was....Me.

Oh, and one more thing. Liverpool just beat Chelsea 2-0. Hopefully Man United capitalise on this tomorrow in their match against Arsenal.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:53 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS