Wednesday, January 31, 2007  

[Something in the air...]

They say that with global warming, the world's weather patterns are going crazy. I don't know about the world, but the weather in Singapore right now is definitely kinda weird.

For the benefits of those who don't know what the climate is like here, we're in the tropics and have no two seasons. Hot like hell, or rainy like...erm...rain? On rainy days, it's cold (relatively) and the wind is cool. On hot days, if there's any wind, it's the "warm" type of wind.

The weather for the past few days has been...different. The sun is out, and it's hot. But the wind is cool. Some might even say it's cold. I've never experienced this in Singapore before, ever. I did when I was in Australia and the United States. The temperature of the water in my fish-tank (next to my window, so it's exposed to the wind) today dropped to 23.0 degrees, the lowest ever. I couldn't even achieve this in the past with the air-con on.

Personally, I love it. In fact, I *think* the air is getting drier too. My nose feels different when the air is dry. I got nose-bleeds when I was in the US because the air was too dry. But I might be wrong...It could be all the dust from the construction work going on around my neighbourhood (lift upgrading) that's messing my nose up.

I don't know if it's related...But a lot of people I know are falling sick. At last count, 4 of my friends from school and my sister were all struck down by flu or runny nose. I've been eating fruits and drinking juice like crazy for the vitamin C to boost my immune system.

I hope the weather continues to be "temperate", and for everyone who's ill to recover and enjoy it before it goes away.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:57 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS