Thursday, January 25, 2007  

[I drive myself crazy...]

I've been having an irritating problem with my new 6131. Since I've only used about 800MB's worth of my 2GB memory card, I thought it'd be fun to convert some of my MTVs and videos to 3GP and watch it on my phone when I'm on the bus.

I googled the topic, and found some decent converters. Quality was good, because the converters allowed you to choose the bitrate of the video. The videos played fine on my computer.

But when I uploaded them to my phone, most of them developed an audio/video sync problem. The video would be much slower than the audio. I tried with the files on the memory card and with the files in the phone's own memory, with the same results. So it isn't a memory-card-too-slow problem.

So I guess....My phone's processor is too slow?

The only way for the videos to play fine is to use Nokia's Multimedia Player to convert the videos. What I don't like about this method is that the video output looks like crap. It's like watching ASFs. When there are too many colours on the screen, everything gets pixelated.

Bought a Bluetooth adapter today so I didn't have to borrow my sister's laptop everything I want to transfer some files. The adapter I bought, for some reason, doesn't seem to want to talk to Windows (although everything looked fine under Device Manager). Nokia's PC Suite can't talk to it, so I had to transfer files using the Bluetooth adapter's own software. Oh well, as long as it works.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:18 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS