Wednesday, November 22, 2006  

[11 days...]

Drat and double drats. Thanks to the wonder world of IT, I received my call-up last night at 9:23pm, while speeding along a canyon road in NFSC, trying to take out Angie from 21st Street. I would be spending 11 days in camp come end-June.

I could go on and on about how that sucked, but I won't. No one would serve NS willingly, and that's just the way it is. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves. I don't mind giving them 2 years and 4 months of the most productive years of my life (actually I do), but what really pisses me off is that they won't leave you alone after that. They keep harassing you for the next 10 years, during which you're required to report back for training that you have already gone through once before. That's right, you get to "refresh" your skills. Translated into real-world lingo: waste of time. The only way out is to get downgraded. Not gonna lie, I've been having back and knee troubles for a while now. Once I have the financial means to do so, I would probably go get them checked out, and see if I could get out of the whole idiotic 10-year cycle.

End rant.

There is another problem. The current filter in my planted tank requires servicing twice a week. Who's going to do that while I'm away?

Guess this is a good excuse to start looking into Eheim canister filters.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:41 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS