Thursday, August 24, 2006  

[In your face...]

They installed something new in the male toilets in S16.


See the little shelf thingy above the urinals? That's new. I first encountered them last week, when I took a piss before my lecture. I didn't realise the shelf was installed and had a little moment of surprise when I looked down and realised there was something in my face.

The shelf was installed for a purpose. It's useful if you needed to change in the toilet since now you have a place to put your stuff. Problem was, it was installed at the wrong height. For me, it was just under my nose/mouth area. This means when I take a piss, I actually need to stand further back from the urinal. Most people stand as close as possible especially when there aren't any walls for privacy. I had to stand further back because I needed to see what I was doing.

Taking a piss used to be the most natural thing in the world. Now it's as technical as landing a fighter jet on an aircraft carrier. You need to:
  1. Stand at the correct distance from the urinal.
  2. Unzip.
  3. Aim. Now you really have to aim, as you're further away and you probably don't want to spray all over the place.
  4. Look around (without being obvious) to see if anyone's staring at your instrument, since you're now in full view.
  5. The tricky part is when you're done. You need to lean back to get the best view possible to zip yourself back up. I've had an unpleasant experience yesterday because I didn't get a good enough view. Don't ask.
The shelf was a good idea. Installing at face level....Isn't. I'm just thankful for my height. A friend of mine's who a tad shorter has to contend with the shelf directly at the bridge of his nose. Instead of standing to piss, he has to lean back now.

^^^ by Locksley @ 11:10 AM. 7 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

this is funny...so why don't ur just revert back to the way how ur carry your bag and not make use of the shelf to save the trouble/bad experiences?
Erm...The shelf is fixed to the wall. It's there even if we don't use it.
I am not pissing there anymore
I hit on the bloody shelf 3 times in a single day... wtf
I need to make a conscious effort to not bump into it also. Silly shelf....
Didn't you say you're not pissing there anymore? LOL...
when you gotta go, you gotta go
[<---Back to Main]
RSS