Monday, July 10, 2006  

[Know your role and shut your mouth...]

Last night's World Cup finals was officially the second complete match I caught, of the entire tournament. The other one being the England - Portugal match. My Dad actually caught more World Cup matches than I did (gasps!)...And he's not even a real fan. He doesn't follow the EPL much (like most folks here), and he doesn't know most of the players. But he had the discipline to get up at 3am in the morning.

It's a shame regarding Zidane. Everyone would have known by now what happened. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Actually the TV didn't show what happened, just the aftermath. It was only later that they show Zidane handing out a head-butt. What a silly thing to do.

Next part of this post, I'm going to rip into someone. [Regular readers from school: No, it's not you. Really. Scouts' honour. I was never a scout, but what the hell...]

Okay, not really someone. More like a group of people. Before, during and after the freshmen orientation camp, I've heard (more than once) "seniors" (using the term very loosely here) offering advice about modules (without being asked), about how "if you want to know more about modules in the *whatever* stream, you can ask me".

I rolled my eyes every time I heard that. Why? Because they're not seniors. They're sophomores. They haven't really taken a lot of the modules in their streams, and they were really in no position to offer advice. Personally, I felt that you'd have to have at least completed your 2nd year in order to give advice that freshmen could actually use.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Haven't pissed on someone in a while. This feels good. Yeah, it feels good.

^^^ by Locksley @ 1:35 PM. 6 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

man.. the best thing i can offer is to help them check things up and tell them best to my knowledge..

how can someone claim to every every damn nook and cranny of the screwed up university system?
I knew I'd get some heat for this entry.

It's just that...There's a difference between being asked and going around offering (when you haven't much to offer anyway).

This is definitely not directed at anyone in our group.
i wasn't giving you heat.. pls reread the comment.. "man..." was an expression, not refering to you..
My bad. It's hard to tell the tone of words online. :P
i wan to kaypoh... tell me who is it!!!

anyway, i believe that i can give more advice on academic matters than certain yr3s and 4s since im doing research for my event presentation =)
I don't think I should say who it is. It's not anyone in our group though. If someone in our group's not being cool, I'd say it to their face.

I've been watching what I say (:P) on this topic because several people in our group have one leg in the other...If you know what I mean.

I want to get things off my chest, but I'm also treading a fine line.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS