Friday, July 28, 2006  

[It's been a long time...]

Ever since I started having plants in my aquarium, I've never bothered to put aside pregnant female guppies during birth. I figured the fries would have places to hide and let nature take it's course.


I was wrong. Most of the fries were eaten. I know because I don't see a lot of fries in my tank, even with the number of female guppies I've got. I do get the occasional fry in the filter, but that's it.


Today I noticed one of the female guppies looking like it's about to give birth. I put it in the breeding tank, and sure enough, it gave birth in the afternoon.


A close-up of the fries. The black thing on the left is their Mom's shit. Sounds gross, ya? Whenever they're about to give birth, their shit is always black. Otherwise, it'd be dark red/maroon. Never thought you'd learn about the colour of guppy shit on my blog now, did you?


A picture of the guppy that gave birth. She's almost done, her belly's back to normal.

I close this entry with a quote from the Wednesday episode of David Letterman:
"There's always a chance that tiny sparks will remain;
And sparks turn into flames;
And love can burn once again."
I don't believe it. I want to, but I don't, not at this point. But it's still nice.

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:25 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Is SG showing David letterman? Free channel or cable? or u dl?
It's not on TV.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS