Friday, May 19, 2006  

[A smile to my lips...]

I was reading the articles on Soccernet when I saw something that actually made me smile, which was rare. How often does one smile while reading football news? Yes, it's called football. You guys are the only ones in the whole world calling it soccer. You know who you are.

Drogba is actually considering quitting the English game altogether after being labelled a cheat.

First and foremost, I want to say that I've never been a Drogba fan. I was neutral till the time he made some very cocky and condescending remarks towards the other teams in the Premiership. Kid Rock said that it's not cocky if you can back it up, so I guess in the big scheme of things, he's an ass who can back things up.

It could be due to the blows to the head, since football is a contact sport, but Drogba was actually trying to come across as the victim. Hello....He *admitted* that he was trying to cheat and dove on several occasions. Now he's trying to come across as a victim?

And it seems that he would only want to move to a club involved in the Champions League. Does he think he's God's gift to football? As if there were many clubs interested in him in the first place (I realise I might have to eat these words if offers start pouring in). The only reason he's "good" is because he's in a good team, and gets a ton of service. Look at Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke. It was a fearsome partnership, but after they left United, they more or less faded away in average teams which didn't give them a lot of service.

Good riddance.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:21 PM. 1 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Mmm...The article I linked to on Soccernet is gone. The link remained active, but it now points to a different story. Instead of pointing to the one where Drogba talks about leaving, it now points to on where Mourinho says he's staying.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS