Sunday, April 02, 2006  

[ARAGH!!!]

I didn't get enough sleep last night. If I don't get my 8 hours, I can't function properly. It's been this way for as long as I can remember.

I've read somewhere that a sleepy driver is just as dangerous as a drunk driver. I have to agree. I've done some real silly things when I didn't get enough sleep, and today was no exception.

I was cleaning my contact lens when the first incident caused by the lack of sleep occurred. I put my lens into the lens case, and went back to my room. It's my habit to flick the lens case hard to get rid of the water after I've washed it, so I did it out of habit. I then placed the lens case on the shelf, and opened the bottle of solution to soak my lens in.

That's when I realised the lens case was empty. In my sleep-deprived state, I flicked the wrong lens case. My lens went flying, on the floor somewhere. Luckily they didn't fly very far, and I found them without much problem.

The second incident occurred after I finished reading the papers. I usually saved the time of United matches into my mobile phone's calendar, so that it'd ring 5-minutes before the game and I wouldn't forget about it. The TV schedule stated that the match would start at 9:55pm tonight, but I saved the time as 10:55pm.

Which explained why when I turned on the TV at 10:50pm, the pre-show wasn't on. It was the half-time show...And I didn't even realise what had happened (I did realise that it was odd...I wasn't that stoned) until United and Bolton returned to the pitch and I saw "2nd Half 1-1" on the screen.

Oh well, at least United won. And Chelsea dropped some points. Could United still catch up? Honestly, the title is Chelsea's to lose. All the same, it makes the end of this season more exciting than the one before.

On the school front, I found out today that my faculty might be moving. There were rumours going on about it for a while (although I only found out today), and today someone posted a thread in the faculty forums. The Assistant Dean of Special Programmes actually came to address the rumour. It seems that due to "regulation", an entity near my faculty had to expand. In order to do so, we'd have to move to make space for them. It's still in the works, but they expect to make a formal announcement by the 3rd week of this month.

It may or may not affect me, since after this semester, I'd have only 3 semester left in NUS. Actually I think the chance of it affecting me is very high. If they make the announcement in April, they could make the move in May/June/July during the vacation period and we'd be attending classes in the new location by August, when school re-opens. It seems that we would be moving to where the Law faculty used to be, since they've moved to the Bukit Timah campus.

How does this affect me? Currently, it's very convenient for me, in the sense that my bus stops near my faculty (10-15 min walk). If they move to where the Law faculty used to be, I'd have to take the internal shuttle bus everyday to get there (10-15 min walk + internal shuttle bus). That adds to travelling time, which means I have to wake up earlier. We're currently very close to the Co-op, so it's very convenient when you need to buy something. The nearest Co-op from the Law faculty is....3 to 4 internal shuttle bus-stops away depending on where you are.

On the plus side, we would get to choose between 2 different canteens, the Arts canteen and the Business canteen. Which suits me just fine...Since the "scenery" at Arts and Business is much, much better. We may be able to study in the Law library, which would be cool since the Science library is really run-down and has the "old building" smell. However, it might be harder to "reproduce" certain academic works since everyone there should be well-versed in copyright law. Anyway, I find it really weird for them to move the law faculty but leave their spanking new library behind. Imagine their students having to go to-and-fro between 2 campuses when doing research.

^^^ by Locksley @ 12:18 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS