Monday, March 06, 2006  

[What I hate about the Internet....]

I've been on the Internet for 9 years. I cannot imagine living in a time without the Internet. Most of my sources of entertainment are from the Internet, as well as time-killers. Not to mention the wealth of information. You can find information about everything and anything.

When I first started out, the bane of the Internet was banner ads. Everybody hated banner ads. At that time, advertising was what drove the Internet. I never really had a problem with banner ads.

Next, came popups. Then came the popup blockers. Then came popunders. I don't know if there are any popunder blockers...My Google Toolbar certainly can't catch popunders. Actually the main reason I installed the Google Toolbar was to catch the popups (didn't install SP2). I'm sure in time, popunders can be caught as well.

The new evil of the Internet in my opinion are flash advertisements. Most of the time, I look for the "Close" button and close them without looking. But sometimes, the "Close" button is nowhere to be found.


Ta-dah! Soccernet's front page. Look at the damn JOGA3 flash advertisement. It covered the better part of the website, including the headlines. For the life of me, I couldn't find the "Close" button. I thought, the heck with it, I'll just read whatever news I can from the links on the right.


Fat chance! It was on the news pages as well! God damn it....

Hats off to ESPN for vandalising their own website.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:00 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Use FIREFOX!!! Get some of its damn good extension and no more popups!!!
I'd click your ad because you broke my back.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS