Sunday, March 05, 2006  

[Jumping ship...]

For the last couple of days, I've been considering whether or not to switch ISPs. I've been with my current one for as long as I can remember, paying $58 per month for 2.5Mbps downstream. Recently, my P2P speeds went to hell. It's happened before in the past, but it went back to normal eventually. This time though, enough is enough...

Another ISP is having a promotion. 3.5Mbps downstream at $47 a month. I did a search and read some of the threads in the local forums, and it seems that P2P performance was a hit and miss on this ISP as well. Since I'm already problems with my P2P as it is, I can't be worse off if I made the switch. So most likely I'd be making the switch sooner rather than later.

There's also almost $0 switching cost, since the new ISP would give me a free ADSL-Ethernet modem (I'm currently using a cable modem). However, there is another risk. Many folks have problems with their ADSL connections being dropped very often, I'd hate for this to happen to me. Whether or not this problem can be rectified depends on a variety of reasons. Sometimes it get fixed, sometimes it doesn't. So I'd be taking a risk with this....Seeing how stable my cable connection is. I could be worse off in this aspect.

Time to make the call...

^^^ by Locksley @ 11:11 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS