Friday, March 31, 2006  

[Happy Birthday]

YQ turns 22 on Sunday (same day as Wrestlemania 22!), and we had a little celebration for him today. I actually left a project discussion early in order to join in the festivities. Felt a little bit bad about it...My project-mates were cool about it though.

We ate something at this cafe-sort-of-establishment before heading to n.y.d.c. for dessert. We had intended to cut the cake at n.y.d.c., but they were very strict about their no-outside-food policy, even though we all ordered (or shared) desserts. Speaking to the branch manager didn't help, because they had cameras around. The best they could do was to allow us to cut the cake, but no eating. [insert what-the-fuck look here]

We had to move the cake-cutting ceremony across the road to the new hawker centre. It was drizzling, and luckily the table/seats near the road were free. It was out-of-the-way, so no one from the hawker centre could see us. But then again, we sang happy birthday so loudly that everyone within line-of-sight looked at us.


Here's the cake. Picture taken with my mobile phone in low-light conditions, so as usual, they suck. I actually told myself to bring my digital camera last night before falling asleep, but forgot all about it in the morning after I got the "dead hamster" message (that's another story).


The birthday boy, cutting and distributing the cake.


The people who were present.


That's Subby in the middle in the above picture. Just to clarify, the guy on the right (LY) does not look like that at all. It was a pretty bad photo of him. Partly my fault as I asked him to lean in cause I couldn't see him in the frame. He leaned in awkwardly and ended up looking kinda weird.


The birthday boy, acting all surprised with his present. I say "acted" because we asked him to be surprised again so that we could snap the pictures.

If you're a regular reader, you'd know that I belong to the "lost child" category of students in school. Don't get me wrong, I know a ton of people (most of them are graduating this semester though...*sniff*). But I haven't got a regular group of friends to hang with because I was part of the group of 10 students who matriculated during the "off season".

So ironically, the closest group of friends I've got are the people from my orientation group last year when I was their OGL. Closest is a relative term here, because I'm really not *that* close with them anyway, seeing as how I'm not taking any similar modules with them. I'm closer with 2 of the guys, we chat a lot on MSN. One of them (Subby/Subsanity <---I think I should let everyone know that 'Subby' is short for Subsanity, lest they get the wrong idea) said that the best friendships were those that were not formed out of convenience, but that there's something other than work or school that brings you together. Pretty deep stuff coming from a guy who's always got something funny to say.

Still, there's plenty going on with them that I'm not in on. That's just the way it is...Since we don't see each other much in school. Learnt some interesting tidbits (I actually spelt "titbits" at first...Haha!) today. I was pretty amazed at some of the latest going-ons. Never expected there to be so much drama concerning a particular person. I used to have an indirect source regarding said person, but that source had dried up a while back. To ease the pain, I'm trying not to "re-establish" the source. If it doesn't make any sense to you, don't worry, it's not supposed to.

So...Where are we all headed?

June's going to be an exciting time. My first in-camp training, then FOC. It'd be interesting to see how things play out. If anything, I think more players could be added to the game (winks at YQ & Subby...and no, not the "brokeback" way).

^^^ by Locksley @ 11:19 PM. 3 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Why do you gotta reveal my identity!? Now everyone knows that Subby is a pudgy chump who doesn't look at cameras when his pictures are being taken.

Anyway, the full nickname is spelt with 2 capital S's, like buttcheeks, good things come in pairs! So it's SubSanity. Do you dig that, sucka?!
Ok la, to be honest, that was a bad picture for everyone in the frame.

And no, I don't dig your buttcheeks.
i noe im ugly, buts tts like a super bad shot :-(
[<---Back to Main]
RSS