Thursday, March 02, 2006  

[From the highest of the high....]

...to the lowest of the low.

I was on a high after finding out that I probably did very well for my midterm on Monday. I was brought back down to Earth after today's. It's was for a different module, my worst/hardest module this semester (compared to Monday's, which was my best). And to top it off, only 70+ people are taking it. The bell curve is probably not my friend. :(

Went to Funan to buy a new printhead for my printer today. I bought my Canon iP3000 on March 5th last year, so I've been using it for almost a year now. There's been some problems with the printouts recently, and cleaning the head didn't help. From my deduction (wasn't very confident to be honest), I think the printhead needs changing.

When I got there and requested to purchase a printhead, the guy behind the counter told me there could be many reasons why the printouts are unsatisfactory, and since they couldn't refund me any money if the printhead turned out to not be the problem, I was strongly advised not to purchase the printhead, instead to bring my printer down for them to take a look at.

That would be a problem, since I use 3rd-party inks. I decided to take a chance anyway and bought the printhead. I came home, installed it, and with a rapidly-beating heart, pressed "Print"....

Phew....The printouts are fine. So yeah, it was the printhead.

Liyong: You might be interested to know that the printhead costs $56.60. Bloody cheap, compared to the printheads of all my previous models, all slightly over $100. If the printhead costs $100, it would make more sense to buy a new printer instead.

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:27 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS