Saturday, March 18, 2006  

[Endless work...]

I know I say this every semester, but this has got to be my toughest semester thus far in NUS. I guess I should be thankful that "tough" here means that the workload is high, and not that I don't understand the material taught. Actually, I don't understand some of the material taught...But it's still not a cause for concern...Yet.

Both my parents have, on different occasions, entered my room and asked me if I was in the middle of my exam period. The answer has always been no, and I always asked what gave them the idea. They always said it's because I seem to be working harder lately. Let me clarify that it's not by will. It's because most of my tutorials has to be submitted online this semester.

I have 3 projects to complete this weekend, on top of my usual schedule of tutorials. And as luck would have it, this was the weekend we decided to get a laptop. We had to get one, because with my sister starting University in August, we need another computer in the house. We ordered a Dell 630m online because it was a good deal, and it was delivered yesterday. I spent most of last night and this morning and afternoon formatting the machine and installing what we needed/wanted on it. Hats off to the folks at Dell...I don't know what they installed, whatever it was, it prevented us from surfing to our ISP's website. Must be some spyware blocker or something being overly cautious.

And, try as I did, I couldn't get file sharing to work between our machines. Damn it. I wasted 3 DVDs transferring my sister's files over to the laptop. I'm going to get some DVD-RWs the next time I go to Sim Lim.

Ok, that's enough for today. I need to do as much work as I possibly could before 11pm. Manchester United versus WBA!

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:59 PM. 1 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

If you still can't get filesharing to work, lemme know. I'd try to walk you through.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS