Tuesday, January 17, 2006  

[Welcome to my life...]

I woke up this morning feeling out-of-sorts. I can't describe the feeling. Probably because my body wasn't ready to wake up yet. I was awaken by the sounds of the TV. My Dad's really into politics, and he watches this program every morning on weekdays where political commentators talk trash about the politicians in Taiwan.

What I don't understand is this....Is Taiwan such a screwed-up country such that those armchair politicians can actually find subjects to bitch about 5 days a week? That's insane. Either Taiwan is a super fucked-up country politically, or those guys are just talking nonsense. Either way, if I ever meet those guys, I'm going to tell them to find a real job. Talking about politics on TV...What kind of job is that? And I think the main thing that pisses me off about those shows is the way they talk. They don't talk like normal people, no....That would be too easy. They say everything as if their lives depended on it, in a very aggressive and agitated manner. This is probably the reason why the Parliament over there resembles the WWE, with the politicians wearing $3000 suits and fighting among themselves, punching each others' lights out.

My class for today start at 12nn. What a fucked-up time for lessons to start. That's lunchtime. If I have lunch before that, it's too early. If I have lunch after that, that's too late. Anyway I reached school at about 11:35pm and I bought a candy bar for lunch. The internal shuttle bus was insanely packed, and I could only get on the 3rd bus since I started waiting for one.

Reached my lecture 5 mins late. Good thing she hasn't started yet. I hate being late for lectures. I would always wonder if I missed something important. The lecture was easier to understand this week, since I already read ahead in the textbook. Not much happened during lecture, except that we had to form project groups. This module is different in the sense that we have no separate tutorial, instead it's a combined lecture + tutorial for 3-hours straight.

Forming project groups in modules where you haven't got any friends suck. I formed a group with total strangers, and some of them don't seem to be very friendly. Oh well, perhaps it's too early, so I'll reserve the comments about them for later.

After my lesson ended at 3pm, I went back to my department. This is where my day really went to hell.

One of my friends left yesterday for Sweden on a Student Exchange Program. He said I could have his locker, so I bought a combination lock and claimed his locker for my own. When I reached my department, I put my bag in my locker, and took out a book to return to one of my lecturers. I locked my locker using the combination lock....For the last time.

I went upstairs to see if the lecturer was in. He wasn't. So I came back down. All this took less than 5 mins. I wanted to put the book back into my locker and then head to the library to get something copied, when I realised this was not going to be a good day.

My combination lock could not be unlocked. No, I didn't forget the combination. Yes, I turned the numbers correctly. After 10 mins of trying to figure out the lock, I thought, the heck with it. I went to the Computing Club to borrow a lock-cutter to cut my lock away. Good thing I knew one of the guys who were in the Club at the time. I should have taken a picture of the broken lock...But I was too pissed to think of that.

I got all my stuff out, since I can't possible use the locker without a lock for now. I went back up to see if my lecturer returned. He did, and I finally passed his book back to him. He just wanted us to give some comments on which areas of the book could be improved, and it took us 3 months to do it. Excellent. Actually it took so long because the book was with another friend of mine and we never seemed to be able to run into each other.

I finally left to go to the library...And when I got there, the book I needed was already borrowed by someone. Damn it. It's a 2-hr loan, and whoever borrowed it still had an hour to go before he/she had to return the book. I decided to go off and copy the book some other day.

When I reached the bus-stop outside my school, it was clear that an accident has happened somewhere down the road due to the massive traffic jam. After I got onto my bus and traveled down maybe 1 kilometre, I saw the cause of the jam. A "Sunshine" bread truck has overturned and was lying on it's side. I tried to take a picture of the truck but the picture didn't come out very well. Anyway, I should have been trying to take a picture of the moron in the seat ahead of me. He was craning his neck from left to right the whole time, even before we reached the wreck, trying to see what happened. When we got closer, he actually got up to look at the wreck.

I have two words to describe him: Curious Monkey.

^^^ by Locksley @ 6:51 PM. 4 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

he was looking for 4 digits...
Yeah, actually that's what I thought too.
You dislike ppl craning their neck?
I do it very often leh... :|
That thing you do is not craning your neck. It's cocking your head to one side. The guy I saw was like one of those hobble-head dashboard things...Just trying to get a better view of the accident.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS