Friday, January 06, 2006  

[Time to play the game...]

The new school term officially starts on the 9th of January. But for me, it starts tomorrow. I have a make-up lecture, because the 10th of January is a public holiday.

I'm full of energy right now, feeling ready to take on the new semester. The sort-of disappointing results I got last semester is driving me to want to work harder this time. I'm sure this renewed energy will last me all of 1 week, before I go back to my lazy-ass self.

I looked through some of the material for my modules this semester. For some reason, several of them list "basic calculus" as their pre-requisites. Shit. One of the reasons I'm in E-Commerce was to get away from maths...Useless maths that kill our CAPs and we'll never ever use again. Now 2 of my modules require "basic calculus". I know from experience that "basic" is pure BS. Worse case scenario, my sister can be my calculus tutor this semester...Seeing how she's waiting for her results and Uni applications to come through.

Looked through my MSN, lots of people put their modules on their display names. Many of them also posted their module bidding results. Some were happy to get their modules, some were frustrated because they couldn't. Module bidding this semester wasn't too bad for me. Last semester was a complete nightmare, with me having to change my entire modules list at the last minute when I found out I was still a "new student" and was not allocated any vacancies in level 4 modules, and when whoever's in charge of MKT1003 decided to enter a new preclusion for the module at 11pm on the night before bidding begins.

This semester, I managed to get everything I wanted by Round 2A, including a module which my friends got in 1A for 3000+ and 1000+ points. I got the same module in 2A for 1 point. Nope, still can't get over my good luck. :)

My lecture tomorrow is from 12nn to 3pm, and I need to hightail it back home by 4:55pm. I was awarded the CCC/CDC bursary, and tomorrow's the collection ceremony. This is one of the very few times which I'm glad that I live so close to the Community Club. Noise pollution tends to be more evident when you live so near to the CC.

I changed the countdown ticker. It's now counting down to Chinese New Year. For my international audience, that's our Christmas. I also changed the format of the Archives a few days ago. I think it's easier to read/navigate this way, don't you? Blogspot's default method was pretty hard on the eyes...And did not make good use of Internet real estate.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:53 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS