Wednesday, January 11, 2006  

[New Year's Revolution]

Just saw NYR. On the whole, a decent PPV. Much better than the previous one...I can't even remember the name of the previous one. I fast-forwarded the previous one like crazy, including the Undertaker-Orton match.

There are 2 matches (or 3, depending on how you view the last match) worth mentioning. The divas match threw up one surprises, and no, I'm not talking about Mae Young (FYI, she interrupted the divas' match and started taking her clothes off). Maria actually did alright for herself in the ring. Most improved wrestler of 2005/2006, that's for sure.

Ok, on to Mae Young. The last time I laughed out loud while watching WWE was when The Rock made Kevin Kelly put his finger up his own nose while conducting the interview. I almost fell off my chair laughing at Mae Young's bit....Maybe skit would be a better word. No, I didn't take any screen captures of her doing her skit. But I took some of the reactions....Look at Victoria's face below, in total shock.


4 thumbs-down and a "NO". Who would have guessed?


My eyes! My eyes!


No wet dreams for them tonight.


This guy's forgotten all about his girlfriend and is thinking "that must be what my grandmother would look like...."


This is just funny all by itself.


This guy's face sums up the whole skit. HAHAHA!


Now, on to the good stuff. The elimination chamber match. Kane's pyro was wicked. If I ever get into pro-wrestling (I can dream, can't I?), I want his pyro.


Shawn Michaels. 'Enuff said.


This is what I always try to look out for...When the wrestlers bled during the match, it's 99% not because of the blows they took to their heads. If they start bleeding from the blows to their heads....I'd say those are probably life-threatening blows. Instead, they usually take a bump to their heads, hide (easier if they have long hair) themselves from view, and at this point the cameras usually point away from them. They then take out a razor and slice their own foreheads open. That's the only place where it's safe to do so.

I remember another elimination chamber match...Randy Orton was in that one. Triple H was about to sling-shot him into the steel when you can see him remove the razor from his wrist tape and start to quickly unwrap the wrapper. Triple H tried to stall since Orton wasn't ready, which only drew more attention to Orton's hurried hand movements. When Triple H finally sling-shot Orton to the side of the chamber, you can see very clearly the razor in his hand.

Back to the present. In the scene below, Cena just took a DDT on the steel. You can clearly see him going for the razor in his wrist tape. Might not be obvious from a still shot, but trust me, if it was a video feed, you'd be able to spot it if you know what to look out for.


The twist of the night was Edge winning the title from Cena after Cena won the elimination chamber match. Don't get me wrong, Edge has more than paid his dues, what with all the TLC matches he's been in. But was he deserving enough to be the WWE Champion? I'll let you decide that. What didn't sit well with me was all the celebration afterwards. Gimme a break...It was even a "real" match. Edge basically speared Cena twice and that was it. His celebrations reminded me of how Hogan celebrated after winning the WWF title from Yokozuna at Wrestlemania 9 -- Over the top.



And look at the damn fans. They must really hate Cena to cheer Edge so hard when he won the title. Not too long ago, Edge was public enemy number 1 for what he did to Matt Hardy. How soon they forget....


This may be a bit of a spoiler for those who don't read newsboards...Batista had to drop his title because of his injury. Guess who picked it up? Kurt Angle. Yes, finally, a deserving champion who can actually wrestle a decent match. Too bad...I was rooting for Randy Orton.

EDIT:

Saw this as I read my post after publishing it. This is a new record low temperature for Singapore. 23 degrees! The one before this was 24 degrees, on the 22nd of November last year.

^^^ by Locksley @ 11:57 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS