Sunday, January 08, 2006  

[It's a damp, cold night...]

View from my bedroom window.
It's been raining for over 12 hours now. I'm not too sure when the rain started...I know it started some time during the night. I could hear the rain, but I was too stoned to get up to look at the clock.

I can't remember the last time it rained so long. Memories of what happened during rainy days when I was in the Army came rushing back. I remember this one time it rained so heavily that we had to put our field exercise on hold. We huddled in our vehicle, trying to get some reprieve from the rain. We were in the forested training area behind our camp compound, so we could see our bunks away in the distance.

Everytime it rained during field exercises, everyone would feel miserable because our feet would get wet. Tired, dirty, hungry (thanks to the crap combat rations), sticky, wet and cold. What a combination. I'm glad that's over....For now, anyway.

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:06 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

well i didnt go through the full field camp in bmt... i stayed back in company line for the whole "field camp" ahahah =P
that photograph of your place during the rain.. looks depressing...
oh.... yaoquan posted that comment...
[<---Back to Main]
RSS