Wednesday, January 11, 2006  

[Free money?]

I went to the photocopy shop in the Science Library today to get something copied. The shop is fully self-serviced. You use a CashCard to activate the photocopy machines, and there's a NETs terminal for you to top up your CashCard if need be. There's a woman there in charge of the shop, but she comes over to you only if you can't work the machines.

I was there on Monday too, and I noticed something. The woman in charge would be away from the shop for long periods of time. Today, for example, she was not there when I reached at 1:30pm. She only got back at about 2:15pm. She was away also for a long period on Monday.


Now, the above table is next to the door, and this is where she would be sitting at if she's there. The NETs terminal for topping up CashCards is circled in the red box. The instructions on the table states that you'd first have to insert your ATM card to get the value deducted first before putting in your CashCard to get the value credited.

While topping up my CashCard, I saw that next to the "NETS" option was the "Cash" option....Mmmm...Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Let's say the woman is on one of her "breaks". What if I chose the "Cash" option, topped up my CashCard, and left?

Free money?

EDIT: I just realised...My computer table is the same as the white double-decked table in the picture!

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:38 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS