Tuesday, January 24, 2006  

[Caught in the act...]

Before I move on to what I really want to write about, here's a little background information.

Number/Combination Lock.
This is a combination lock that's very popular here in Singapore (not sure if it's available elsewhere). Most guys who have served time in the Army would have used this at one time or another. They would also know how easy it is to "crack" the code. I have successfully cracked one or two, all it requires is a light touch.

That said, on with today's entry.

After my last lesson today, I went to my locker to make sure that I didn't leave anything behind before I left for home. You can see in the picture below that the lockers are located next to the wall in a very long corridor. In fact, the lock on the locker below is the same type as the one in the picture above. About half the people with lockers use a combination lock of some sort to secure it, since it's more convenient and doesn't require you to carry a key around.

Corridor in School of Computing.
This picture above was taken when I was standing right in front of my locker. You see the door at the end? That's where I came in. When I came in, I noticed the guy who's walking away from me in the picture hanging around the lockers, with his hand roaming around the locks from locker to locker. Knowing how easy it was to crack the very-popular-yet-extremely-easy-to-defeat combination lock, it seemed to me that he was trying to "feel" for a "loose" lock. This might not make much sense to you...Basically he's trying to see which of these locks would be easier to crack.

He did not notice me coming into and walking along the corridor (since it was pretty long). By the time he realised there was someone else in the corridor, I was already pretty close to him (I think he was concentrating on beating the combination). He hastily stopped molesting the lock he was at and pretended to walk off. That's when I snapped the picture.

I took my time at my locker, watching him out of the corner of my eye. He was still hanging around the corridor, and it didn't seem like he was waiting for someone, since no one came out of the labs to join him nor did he enter any labs to find out what's taking his "friend" so long. He did not want to look up neither, trying to hide his face.

I thought that maybe if I could catch him in the act again, I could confront him and ask him what the fuck was he trying to do, touching and pressing every combination lock. I left the corridor, and realising I really had nowhere to go and would start to look suspicious myself, I went back to the corridor. There's some other people in the corridor now, so he leaned against the wall and started fiddling with his handphone.

Caught in the act, now trying to blend in.
I took a picture of him this time as I walked past him. Smile, jackass. I've made you famous. Even if you weren't trying to crack anybody's lock, you had no business pulling on everyone's lock in the first place.

On a different front...I got my first-ever ICT callup today via SMS. June 12th to 16th. Excellent. Although I already knew about the date since I saw it on MIW a while ago, the callup just confirms it. Most people think that once they ORD, that's the end of it. I knew that when I ORDed, there were still 13 (now reduced to 10) more years of ICT to go. 1 coming, 9 to go.

^^^ by Locksley @ 8:33 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS