Wednesday, January 25, 2006  

[50-year old stuck in a 23-year old's body...]

Senseless ramblings begin:

I've been running out of steam very easily the last couple of days. Both yesterday and today, I was so tired that I had to take a nap after dinner before I could get on with my work. What the heck's wrong with me...

Encountered a few events in the last couple of weeks that convinced me that those funny/insane stories you hear from people working as customer support/service personnel are true.

People in University are not "smarter" or "more intelligent", they just disguise their stupidity better. Hell, some of them don't even belong in University. Sometimes I feel it applies to me also....

Sometimes, when you want something hard enough, magical things can happen. During tutorial balloting, I was allocated a class on Tuesday evening which I do not want. I wanted a class on Wednesday morning, preferably the 11am class since all my friends are in there. I managed to swap my way to the 9am class, but I still wanted the 11am class. We were told to go to our preferred class anyway, and our tutor would try to swap us in. As it turns out, almost 30+ people turned up for the 11am class. After going through our requests, the tutor asked me to attend my allocated class since she couldn't swap me into the 11am class. However, in a twist of fate, a ton of people changed their minds (raised a white flag) and decided not to hold out for the 11am class. Since I already have 3 friends in the class, the tutor then came to me and approved my request. Having 3 friends who were already in a project group and needed 1 more member really helped ease my way in.

Senseless ramblings end.

Ok, on to what I actually intended to write about.

Picture taken in one of my tutorial rooms. Notice the thermostat...Excellent placement, eh?
I took the above picture today in one of my tutorial rooms. The thermostat is highlighted by the red box. No, it's not a doctored photo, that's really how high the damn thermostat was. I wonder which genius thought it up.

Moth in lift!
Nothing much to say about this one...A moth decided to hitch a ride in an elevator.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:48 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS