Thursday, December 01, 2005  

[Survivor Series 2005]

Caught Survivor Series today. It was so-so, I wasn't really excited about any of the matches other than the main event itself, the 10-man "inter-promotional" match at the end. I used quote marks because let's get real...They're not really inter-promotional.

I was looking forward to the 10-man tag-team match, but unfortunately the match was single-handed ruined by Tazz. Instead of calling the match, he basically got into an on-air argument with the guys at the RAW announcement table. I don't know if it's a work or if it's a shoot, either way, I was pretty turned off by the whole thing. Shut up, Tazz. No one wants to hear a short, fat, NY hoodlum bitch on-air. Just call the damn match. You think you're all that? If you're all that, you'd be in the ring, not outside calling the match.

The quality of the play-by-play has really gone downhill since Jim Ross's departure. At least for the RAW side, they still have Jerry Lawler to keep it together. Joey Styles has his moments, while I think they should remove The Coach because he irritates the hell out of me. For Smackdown, Tazz is okay, nothing special. But after his performance for Survivor Series, if I was the one in-charge, I'd give him a stern talking-to. Act your age. Call the match. Zip. I know there's some legit heat because Cole and Tazz were not happy because they felt that WWE was pushing RAW as the main brand and not Smackdown, but a live PPV was no place to engage in petty name-calling and arguments.

Michael Cole. Holy shit, what a dick. When he first got started, Ross had to feed him his lines through his ear-piece. The latest dumb/turn-off thing he said was during MNM's entrance a while back when he said that MNM rubbed shoulders with Hollywood-type A-listers like Keanu Reeves, Paris Hilton, etc. WHAT THE FUCK!? Yes, that's their gimmick, but did he really expect the viewers to be so naive as to believe that a couple of oily wrestlers and their valet actually knew those celebrities? If I were Keanu or Paris, I'd sue for libel.

I end this entry with screen captures of one of the coolest pyro on WWE ever. Remember, this was done live in an arena, not behind the cameras/CGI in Hollywood. I cannot figure out how they had the lightning strike down like that. Basically, some druids wheeled out a casket after the match and set it on it's end. Lightning struck, casket burned, Undertaker came out and kicked some ass.

[EDIT: The first 3 screen captures are darker than the rest, and for some reason after uploading them onto Blogger, white marks appeared. Usually I reduce them to 400px for width before uploading, so Blogger doesn't have to resize them for me (the "large" image setting is 400px wide). The white marks seems to appear only when I do not resize beforehand, and Blogger had to do it for me. And yes, I did not resize this time. Too tired (read: lazy)...]















^^^ by Locksley @ 8:08 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

I can propose a feasible way of doing that..

both the casket and the top of the arena probably has a metal point each. by increasing the potential difference between this two points, the air ionise and voila, instant lightning. throw in your usual pyro for more effects.

the tesla coil works the same way, if target is grounded, the lightning passes through the guy and toast! it's quite safe if you know how to protect yourself and very pretty too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_coil

I just have to ruin all your entries, don't I?
WTF...I never knew that Tesla coils were real! I always thought that it was the invention of some nerdy programmer at EA Games.

You can never pay me enough to stand in the box for the lightning to strike at.

There was this other time when they used it to strike near the foot of Randy Orton as he was retreating up the ramp. Imagine if it struck him instead....
[<---Back to Main]
RSS