Saturday, December 10, 2005  

[Mary Mary]

James Patterson's latest novel, Mary Mary, was released last month. Patterson's last book, 4th of July, did not arrive at the National Library until about 1-2 months after it's release. Hence, I did not expect Mary Mary to be available so soon at the library.

I went to NLB's website anyway and did a search for Mary Mary. I was suprised to find that the book has already been bought by the libraries, and they were being processed for lending. New novels usually have a long reservation list, so I went to place a reservation as well, rather than waiting to find it on a shelf (I might have to wait 6 months for that to happen). My reservation was ranked number 39, with 21 copies for lending. A successful reservation pick-up costs $1.55.

So there are at least 38 other James Patterson fans in Singapore. I've always wondered how did NLB turn over a profit. Now I know.

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:29 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS