Saturday, December 31, 2005  

[As it draws to a close...]

Went for dinner yesterday evening with some friends from NUS. There were 6 of us in total, and all of us were graduates of Ngee Ann Poly. Of the 5 other guys, I didn't know one guy very well while I saw another one for the first time ever last night. Still, all of us were able to click and talk like old friends. No lame jokes, no "fake-smiles-even-when-something-silly-was-said". Maybe it's because we were all from similar backgrounds? Who knows...? Anyway, our main purpose in going was because one of them was flying off to Sweden on the 16th for a semester in a Student Exchange Program.

Before I entered NUS, I was told that polytechnic graduates usually had an easier time in Uni, since we came with proper backgrounds. After 1 year, I have found that to be a myth. I know more polytechnic graduates who are struggling than those who are doing well. Probably due to the material taught...It was very practical stuff in poly, while very academic stuff in Uni. For some reason, folks in Uni want to reduce every damn thing to a maths formula. One of the 5 guys has a very serious problem with his CAP right now...After his first semester. I wish him the best....There's still time to put things right if he tries hard enough. Nevertheless, half the people in our group last night had already given up and switched to a 3-year course instead. I hope I can hover around the range I am at currently, because I have no fall-back plan. It's do or die for me in a 4-year course.

We had dinner at a restaurant called Outback...Something. I can't remember the restaurant name! Haha! And I wasn't wasted or anything. On our way there, we passed by some marine tanks at Suntec City, and I took a picture of the biggest tank. There were 3 LCDs inside the tank, showing some advertisements from the folks who set them up.


2 fishes inside the tank. I'm not very into marine tanks, but I think this one could have been set up a little better. For some reason, it was very "blue". It was hard to see the fishes, and the colour contrast wasn't very good neither because everything looked so blue!


We order some onion rings and a salad for appetizers. Look at the plate of onion rings. Both looked and tasted much better than the onion ring loaf I had at Tony Roma's in Las Vegas. A selected few knows the story....


On the school module bidding front, I didn't get all my modules. Secured 4 of 5, didn't get the module which had only 1 vacancy. Dammit. I have 2 friends who were bidding for the same module, albeit at a different timeslot. They both managed to secure it. It could be a blessing in disguise for me, if more slots open up later I might be able to get it with lesser bid points. I certainly hope so...I really don't want to have to clear another UE module. I need them for my last semester to ensure safe passage. Sounds like a pilgrimage to an unknown land or something...Haha!

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:47 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS