Sunday, September 18, 2005  

[Another new toy...]

My 3 and a half year old Samsung CRT crapped out on me last night. So I went and bought a new Viewsonic LCD monitor today. I went to Funan instead of SLS, because Fuwell now has a branch there as well.

After I picked the model I wanted, they brought it out and tested it for me. It was fine at the shop, but when I returned home, I realised that there was a huge clump of dead pixels on the left side of the screen. I honestly don't understand how that happened...It was fine at the shop when I tested it. My only explanation was perhaps the screen got damaged somehow on my way home, as I placed the monitor on the floor of the bus.

I went back to change for another one, since it was 7 days 1-to1 exchange if there were any dead pixels. They were surprised to see me back so soon, and asked me if I lived across the street from Funan or something....Haha...But they were very nice about the whole thing and changed a new one for me. This time round, I did not let go of it at all. I stood on the bus all the way home and held onto the monitor. It was tiring, but at least there would be less impact since my holding it absorbed most of the jerks and bumps.

So far, I'm satisfied with my purchase, except for the fact that whenever a white background is shown, it's "burning" white. Too bright for my eyes. Played with the controls all day trying to get a balance between the brightness and contrast. Hopefully it'd get better after it "burns in".

^^^ by Locksley @ 6:44 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS