Monday, August 15, 2005  

[Today's a bad day....]

I received 2 pieces of bad news today.

First up, I found out that from this semester onwards, FNA1002 will have group projects, which is weird because it's a finance accounting module. Before this semester, this module had only individual assessment. This poses a problem since I have a few friends taking it this semester and I didn't know that until recently. This means most likely I'd be taking this module alone, and have to do projects with people I don't know. To top it off, many people say this module is quite difficult. Great, just great...Things would work out a lot easier if I took it this semester with my friends. Not taking it with them feels so...."wasted".

Just when I thought it couldn't get more fucked up than that, the second piece of information came through. CS3266, which is an E-commerce application module, has drastically changed it's project specs. In the past, students can use any platform of their choice to come up with an E-commerce application, end of story. This means I can basically port over my FYP from poly.

But starting from this semester onwards, students must use either .Net and J2EE, both of which I know nothing about. Yes, both *must* be used. And the best part is that I cannot run away from CS3266. It's my major requirement and I have to take it no matter what. At least I could not take FNA1002 if I wanted to, although most likely I still will, since I need to take 4 Business modules from a list of 11 (I think) and FNA1002 is one of the four level-1 modules on the list.

Looks like it's going to be a very busy December for me....Need to learn as much as I can about .Net and J2EE.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:06 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS