Monday, July 25, 2005  

[Someone ripped out the toy surprise...]

Round 1A of module bidding started today. I fully expected 4 of my 5 advance bids to be entered into the system. When I woke up, the first message on my handphone was from a friend who matriculated with me, asking if any of my modules were available for bidding.

I logged on and saw that none of my advance bids were entered into the system. To the best of my knowledge, people like us who matriculated in Sem 2 would be given protection and counted as "new" students for only 1 semester. But it seems they've decided to change this rule. Pretty ironic if you think about it....In December 2004, we were bidding for our modules in Round 1A, but now we have to wait until Round 1C with the rest of the new students.

This poses a problem for me, since I believe none of the modules I'm bidding for actually have a "new student" quota. Reason being no "new" student could possibly bid for them since they have prereqs which are not exempted even for poly grads. And to top it off, 2 of them have only 30-50 slots. The chances of them being filled by Round 1C is very high.

So to end it off, I was screwed. Hit by a curveball early in the morning.

But there is one consolution. I called the Programme Manager and she said in the event that the modules I wanted are already full by Round 1C, give her a call and she'll try to push me in. Let's hope it doesn't come down to that....And there would still be space in those modules come Round 1C.

^^^ by Locksley @ 11:26 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS