Tuesday, July 26, 2005  

[Missed my chance...]

A couple of months ago a disease outbreak wiped out more than half of my guppies. As of now, I have only 2 adult females, both of which are considered young and hence relatively small. I have several other females on their way to adulthood, but currently only 2 look capable of giving birth.

I looked into my tank just now and realised the bigger of the 2 gave birth earlier in the day. I looked down at the bottom of the tank and I saw 1 fry hiding near a seashell. I can't be bothered to save that 1 fry...And the last time I looked it's not there anymore. Most likely got gobbled up by another fish.

This sucked. I had really wanted to "catch" the next batch of fries to increase my current guppy population. I've kept guppies for more than 1 and a half years now, and I still couldn't always tell when they are about to give birth. I mean, there are some signs, but not all of them exhibit the same signs which makes it hard to tell sometimes.

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:25 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS